Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Cat Cake



Okay, so I love my cat. Like really really love my cat. Probably far more than is normal or healthy. Really she's like a second child in our family. And as a result, she is treated like a family member and spoiled rotten.


For instance, tomorrow is her birthday, and we are having a birthday party for her. Not anything big, just family. And yes, we are having a cake. And not just any cake, we are having a funfetti cat shaped cake.



How does one make a cat shaped cake? See the pictures below.





And for those (like my husband) who say I do not have enough to do, I would like to say this: I came home from working a 10 hour day, threw the cake in the oven, let it bake while doing all the dishes, put it in the fridge for an hour to cool while cleaning up the house, and then frosted it in 20 minutes. It's not that I have too much free time, it's that I'm an effective time manager :)


4 comments:

  1. I cant see the picture :(
    We are like that with our animals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh...there might be some sort of technical issue. If you're having trouble seeing the pics check them out on my Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46411863@N00/sets/72157625938052055/show/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, I'm totally your first follower. That's gotta entitle me to a bite of that delicious looking cake, or those heart brownies.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Kansas! Yes, you can always have a bit of cat cake! (The brownies are WAY gone)

    ReplyDelete