Sunday, January 15, 2012

My review of Abandon by Meg Cabot

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)Abandon by Meg Cabot

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Pretty good. My experience with Meg Cabot is that she's either hit or miss, and this book is on the hit side of things. First the pros: I like Pierce as a protagonist. I like the location of the island. I like the concept of an underworld. I liked several of the characters including Alex, Mr.Smith, and Jade. I like the story enough that I finished it in two days.

Cons: Meg overplayed the forshadowing. Lots of "If I had known then what I know now, the night would have gone very differently. *end chapter*" And what the heck was up with the tassels? Pierce mentions tassles, and how she hates them, in almost every chapter. John was not a very likeable romantic interest. So he's all broody and cute. WHY does she like him? It seems like he's also got massive personality issues. Also I didn't like how she kept referring to "the incident" but didn't tell us what it was until halfway through the book. It wasn't forshadowing b/c it happened in the past...maybe pastshadowing? I dunno. It got annoying.

If Meg had just stuck to the story line, this could have be a 4 or 5 star book. As it is, it gets a 3 star review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment